Galway Centre for Independent Living are seeking to recruit Head of Services to join the team.
Reporting to the Galway Centre of Independent Living Board of Directors, the Head of Services is responsible for leading, managing and developing the entire portfolio of services of the organisation to successfully enable our Leaders (Clients) and all who use our service to live meaningful lives within society.
- Execute and deliver our Board-agreed goals and objectives in order to develop the organisation in a manner which is sustainable and remains true to the mission and values of the organisation.
- Lead, manage and empower our passionate, fearless and dedicated members of staff and volunteers to continue to give their best; providing our person-centred services in a professional manner and to the highest standards in the sector.
- Manage the acquisition of funds and resources to further the aims of GCIL.
- Ensure the successful implementation of our range of services including Personal Assistance / Home Care Services, Accessible Transport services etc; to better assist our Leaders to have control over their lives and achieve a quality-filled independent future.
- Investigate the need for new services and develop them as appropriate.
- Effectively manage the organisation’s resources to create maximum value for our Leaders and provide the necessary accountability for the use of those resources.
- To effectively raise the profile of the organisation and maximise opportunities to raise awareness of the importance of Independent Living for persons with disabilities.
- Overall responsibility for the recruitment of the core staff team and provide operational guidance and support in delivery of the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for ensuring all activities of the organisation follow best practice in line with all relevant legislation, regulations and quality standards.
Critical Skills Required:
- Significant experience at Senior Management level, planning, developing and executing strategic plans in line with an organisation’s aims, goals and objectives.
- Previous experience leading and managing a team of people.
- Proven experience in managing relationships with Statutory bodies, Educational institutions, Service Partners.
- Experience in making successful grant applications negotiating with statutory funders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A track record of engendering loyalty from their teams to bring people along with them, celebrating success and recognises the achievements of others.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent. Experience within the volunteer sector extremely desirable.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong on co-operation and teamwork.
- Well-developed influencing skills, a strong communicator across all levels of the organisation.
- Good with people, outward reaching, bringing people together.
- Can-do, positive outlook.
- A self-motivated leader with strong passion and energy and conveys a sense of fun, to inspire and energise others.
- Has a strong work ethic, reliable.
- Works effectively under pressure and effectively manages their own time to good effect.
This job description will be subject to review in light of experience and/or changing circumstances and will include other duties appropriate to the post as may be reasonably determined by the Board of Directors.