Galway Centre for Independent Living (GCIL) is a not-for-profit organisation, providing premium, professional & affordable services to support persons with disabilities to live independently in their own home and participate in everyday life within their local communities. For the past two decades, GCIL have made a wide range of services available to people, regardless of age or need, to provide support to live in their homes and communities.
The mission of GCIL is to provide relevant and meaningful, person-centred (Leader) services that support the full and equal inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of society. The organisation now wishes to appoint a
Chief Executive Officer
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors of the Galway Centre of Independent Living, this role is responsible for leading, managing and developing the entire portfolio of services of the organisation to successfully enable our Leaders to live meaningful lives within society.
- Execute and deliver our Board-agreed goals, objectives, and strategic plan to develop the organisation in a manner which is sustainable and remains true to the mission and values of the organisation.
- To effectively raise the profile of the organisation and maximise opportunities to raise awareness of the importance of Independent Living for persons with disabilities.
- Lead, manage and empower our passionate dedicated members of staff and volunteers to continue to give their best: providing our person-centred services in a professional manner and to the highest standards in the sector.
The Successful Candidate will possess:
· Significant experience at Senior Management level, planning, developing, and executing strategic plans in line with an organisation’s aims, goals, and objectives, ideally within the volunteer sector.
· Proven experience in managing relationships with Statutory bodies, educational institutions, and Service Partners.
· A relevant business degree or equivalent 3rd level qualification.
· Excellent knowledge and use of standards, policies, and procedures
Applications please, in strict confidence, by the 25th February 2022 to:
John Madden FCIPC,
Galway Centre for Independent Living,
Unit 53, Briarhill Business Park,
Tel. No.: 0872561442 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Galway Centre for Independent Living are an equal opportunities employer