Galway Centre for Independent Living (GCIL) is a not-for-profit organisation, providing premium, professional & affordable services to support older people and people with disabilities. Established in 1994, our mission is to provide relevant and meaningful, person-centred (Leader/Client) services that support the full and equal inclusion of older people and people with disabilities in all aspects of society.
GCIL are seeking applications from Personal Assistants and Homecare Assistants for all areas of Galway City & County.
The Successful Candidates will be passionate and dedicated about caring and assisting others in their own homes and in social environments where appropriate.
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking people in all areas of Galway City & County, but especially in the following areas:
• Knocknacara/ Salthill/ Barna
• Rahoon / Renmore / Mervue
• Turloughmore / Castlegar
• Tuam / Dunmore / Headford
• Athenry, / Gort / Loughrea / Ballinasloe
• All other areas in Galway City & County.
Hourly Rate: €14.50. Evenings & Weekends from: €17.40 - €21.75.
Bank Holiday Rate: €29.00
The successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 modules completed at QQI/FETAC Level 5 in a Health Care Discipline and a commitment to complete the major award.
Hourly Rate: €13.50. Evenings & Weekends from: €16.20 - €20.25.
Bank Holiday Rate: €27.00
The successful candidates will have a minimum of 2 modules completed at QQI/FETAC Level 5 in a Health Care Discipline and a commitment to completing a minimum of 5 modules within 12 months.
Qualification / Requirements:
• Grade 1. : Minimum of 5 modules of QQI/ FETAC Level 5 Healthcare Discipline
• Grade 2. : Minimum of 2 modules of QQI/ FETAC Level 5 Healthcare Discipline
• Additional Training Modules can be completed online.
• Use of your own smart phone to check in and out of your home visits.
• Garda Vetting will be completed for this role.
• Full Driving License and Own Transport essential
• Person Centred Approach (Independent Living Philosophy)
• Available for flexible hours on a Rota Basis including Mornings, Evenings and Weekends
Benefits of working with Galway Centre for Independent Living:
• Training and Development opportunities
• Excellent working conditions
• Be offered shifts according to your own availability.
• Excellent hourly rate.
• A Supportive Team working with you
Galway Centre for Independent Living is an equal opportunities employer.